If you’re like me, you struggle to keep your schedule under control. The constant challenge is to balance managing your scheduling with doing the actual work that is on the schedule! Luckily for all of us, Acuity Scheduling is ready to help.
I was originally introduced to Acuity Scheduling through one of my clients. I helped them customize the look of their account and embed it into their website so that people could schedule coaching sessions.
I remember thinking then that it was impressive but I didn’t see a connection to how I could use it since at the time I was doing more project-based work. This meant that I worked on things as I received new information from the client so I didn’t really have consistent ‘office hours.’
Things changed as I started offering more and more mentoring sessions. I wanted to start offering a way for people to schedule and pay beforehand. I needed to consolidate my schedule so I didn’t overlap appointments. I also needed a way for people to pay BEFORE the session so they were committed to showing up.
Acuity Scheduling offers both of these features and so much more. In fact, it is my central system for working with clients now, even for project-based work because it is so flexible and easy to use.
Before I go too far down the, “I love Acuity Scheduling’ road, I will stop myself to give you the details you need to test it out, decide if you like it and if it is a useful tool for YOUR business.
So, the first thing you need to know is that Acuity Scheduling offers a completely FREE service if you don’t need anything fancy. I think that’s pretty cool since a lot of folks are just starting out and don’t need additional overhead costs before they get a solid clientele.
If you go with the Freebie Plan, you get the following features:
- Client self-scheduling
- Advertise unlimited services and appointments
- Advanced reporting about appointments, no shows, and performance
If you have one location and are the only person someone can make an appointment with, the Emerging Entrepreneur Plan may be for you. If you go with this version, you get everything in the Freebie Plan plus the following features:
- Automatic reminder emails
- Automatic time zone conversion
- Display your logo
- Customize with your company colors
- Edit all app text so it sounds just like you
- Embed scheduler into your website
- Syncing with Outlook.com, Exchange, and Office 365
- Syncing with iCloud
- Syncing with Google Calendar
- GoToMeeting and Join.me integrations for online meetings
- Quickbooks and Freshbooks integration for invoicing and accounting
- MailChimp, AWeber, Constant Contact, ConvertKeit, and MadMimi integration for bulk emailing
- Pipedrive integration for sales/CRM
- Integrate with 500+ other apps through Zapier
- Custom API
- Customize CSS
- Accept payments and deposits through PayPal, Square, Stripe, Braintree, or Authorize.net
- Vault credit cards for charging clients later
- Optionally let clients tip you
- Offer coupons and vouchers for discounts
- Sell appointment packages and gift certificates
- Offer classes, workshops, or group events
- Easy upsell clients with checkout add-ons
- Display your products in your online store
- Support through email
Ready to be blown away? You get all of this for $10 per month! Seriously, that is a killer deal when you consider that it is scheduling, processing payment, sending email correspondence, integrating with your other services, and giving you reports. The fact that you login to ONE account to do all of this is reason enough to sign up right now.
But what if you have additional staff and/or locations? Acuity Scheduling offers a Growing Business Plan that may be a better fit for you. If you choose this plan, you get everything in the Emerging Entrepreneur Plan for up to 6 staff and/or locations plus the following features:
- Worldwide text message notifications
- Handy text message notification for you, too
The price? $19 per month. That’s $3.17 per person or location PER MONTH.
If you have more than 6 staff and/or locations, their biggest plan, called the Powerhouse Player Plan, can accommodate up to 36 staff and/or locations. It also includes the following features:
- Remove “Powered by Acuity” on your scheduler
- Sign Business Associate Agreement (BAA) for HIPAA compliance
This plan is $34 per month. That’s less than $.94 per staff or location assuming you need all 36. Think of how many administrative headaches this can avoid and time it will save you by coordinating that many schedules all in ONE place.
If you need more than 36 calendars, they can add calendars in chunks of 5 for an additional $10 per month.
For all of their plans, Acuity Scheduling offers a FREE 14-day trial. This gives you plenty of time to enter a few things, test it out and decide for yourself if it is the solution for your business.
If it is, you can pay monthly or get a discount by paying annually. You can also cancel anytime.
I have been using Acuity for a few months now and cannot imagine my life without it. It has reduced the anxiety I have regarding my schedule tremendously and gives my clients a wonderful user experience. If you would like to see the full list of things I use it for, visit the page on my site where I have all of my services, packages, and plans listed.
I strongly encourage you to give Acuity Scheduling a try if you are struggling to find an easy way to make appointments for yourself and your business.